ORCHESTRA MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
FOR EUGENE CONCERT ORCHESTRA
The orchestra manager for Eugene Concert Orchestra assists the artistic director by acting in a human resources capacity for orchestra personnel and is a liaison between musicians and the artistic director. The orchestra manager monitors orchestra schedules, maintains attendance records, and serves as a resource and counsel for musicians. The position requires interaction with the artistic director, Hult Center operations and musician union representatives. Position requires knowledge of the Master Agreement between the Local 689 of the American Federation of Musicians and the Eugene Concert Choir. This position requires finely tuned communications skills and discretion in handling confidential personnel matters.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates rosters containing personnel list and service schedule for all performances. Ensures appropriate complement of musicians is contracted for all rehearsals and performances, including substitute and extra musicians that are acceptable to the artistic director and section principals.
- Keeps roster of contact information of musicians accurate and up to date.
- Monitors and organizes seating arrangements as directed by artistic director and section principals.
- Communicates to artistic director if musicians fail to meet requirements of attendance, punctuality, dress, and sobriety.
- Ensures artistic director or guest conductor adheres to break requirements in master agreement and that orchestra services do not extend beyond what is allowed in master agreement.
- Tracks any occurring overtime.
- Communicates logistical needs that arise once rehearsals have begun for musicians and equipment to the artistic director and stagehands as applicable.
- Coordinates all rehearsal and performance setups with production manager, artistic director, and stage crew.
- Attends rehearsals and performances of the Eugene Concert Orchestra, as needed.
- Marks and copies orchestra parts as directed by the artistic director, along with other library duties as necessary.
- Performs other mutually agreeable duties as assigned by the artistic director.
- Produces payroll information immediately following the close of a production for processing.
- Oversees and manages all auditions including posting, organizing, mailings and logistics in accordance with the terms of the master agreement and AFM guidelines.
- Issues Personal Service Agreements.
- Maintains files to include W4 and I9.
- Ensures that terms of the Master Agreement between the
AFM and the Eugene Concert Choir are met.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organization and creative problem-solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to anticipate the needs of orchestral personnel
- Background in the arts and/or arts management
$25 per hour. Variable 4 – 20 hours per week depending on performance schedule.
Job open Friday, November 11 until filled.
Highly qualified candidates may send a one-page cover letter explaining qualification and interest, along with a resume, to Dr. Diane Retallack, Artistic and Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or:
Eugene Concert Choir
174 E. 16th Avenue, Suite 135
Eugene, OR 97401